ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Friday, November 23, 2007

Weekend Woes:At Long Last, It's Over! Still, Too Many Deeper Dramas...


No, it's not my much-talked about thriller (yawn), nor...get your mind out of the gutter!, nor...anything else I might have waxed lyrical over, but forgot to commit myself to!

It's about a blasted report on regional integration (in fact, a review of UNCTAD's Trade and Development Report) that I was supposed to have submitted last week. Oh, well. It's been done--finally! The odd thing about it all is that I'm a super-aficionado of regional integration, so this dragging of my feet is too much!

Suffice-to-say, there are quite a number of deeper dramas going on in my life.

The first involves...writing: one report for work pending; plus a recommendation by my former boss, a seasoned and veteran journalist, to write a column on ICT for our local Sunday paper. Deeply humbled, I have to endeavour to get an article every Tuesday for publication out on Sundays!

My commitment for Global Voices has waxed and waned in the latter part of the year. Seriously waned at the tail-end of the year! I'm seriously endeavouring to finish a review of posts on/about Ghana before the year is out.

My novel--the less said about it the better!

Secondly, there's the issue of my weight, which I am using a light-hearted approach, coupled with serious activity and exercises, and avoiding of all-that's-bad-for-the-cholesterol so that I get trim. The doctors claim I grew an inch to 6". I suspect, they should have checked my height again; I am still tall, but a reasonable 5"10.

In any event, these cascading dramas have conspired to remind me about this most instructive of Marianne Williamson's quotes:


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?..."--Marianne Williamson


Make the weekend a good one...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010