ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Not Calling the Ex Could be Construed as a Sign of Incipient Maturity


With a title like that, who needs an entry?

Seriously, I flipped over, the other day, to what I was blogging about last year this time, and it turns out I was writing about calling my ex to wish her a happy birthday, merely because I cannot forget it seeing as it follows my brother's.

Either way, as if by an act of unwitting sagacity, my significant other and I were having a chat--as you do--about people and how funny they can be, when she told me how the other day her ex called her out of the blue to find out how she is.

She said--and I whole-heartedly believe her--she got angry and told him that she didn't have anything to do with him, and why was he calling. She then told him not to call her again.

I respected that.

So I followed suit... in not calling my ex again.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, September 14, 2007 6:26:00 am , Blogger soap said...

It's a very tempting thing to check up on exes. I just googled mine and found out he has a son, named, as he was, for a Hebrew prophet. The baby's birthday, speaking of coincidental birthdays, is one day after mine. All of this is trivia.

It occupies your mind, preoccupies it at times, but... you live in the present, and so do they. You can't keep looking back.

 
At Friday, September 14, 2007 10:39:00 am , Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

soap--the human condition is such that you will at times--even unwittingly...it takes strength of spirit to "re-direct the mind" (as my Dad will say)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010