ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

In Memoriam: Oct 1972--1 May, 2006



I am not wont to post things like these on the blog, but this time, I want to capture her memory both offline and online.

My work colleague called early this morning to inform me of bad news.

I met Nana Amma, pictured above at an office Christmas party, on the plane from Tunis at the World Summit on Information Society last November. She was in a group of those who had taken Al'Italia to go to different routes, including Accra. I wrote abaout her in November in this post, which referred to her as the teacher.

I took to her because of her pleasant personality and striking looks. When I found out she was married, I was crest-fallen, but I maintained the relationship because we got along very well. She became almost like an elder sister to me in the sense that she confided so much about her private and personal life to me.

She had studied in the UK, and excelled in Information Technology. She was even actually looking for a new job from the one here in Accra, where she was Head of IT at a private school.

I found out last week that she had been admitted to hospital with a very bad headache two Sundays ago. On my birthday, she sent me a text message saying that she wished that she could spend some time with me, but she was still in hospital.

My last words to her, when I called her last Friday, was to tell her that she is such a good person who doesn't deserve to be in hospital. She chuckled, saying "you, you are not correct, Emmanuel".

I promised to call again. Unfortunately, I didn't.

I wish I had called her on Mayday to wish her a good one--but it's one of those things:-( What you got to do, do right now!

She passed away from a brain tumor at the tender age of 33 on Mayday.

May you rest in peace, Nana Amma.

You will be very, very fondly remembered.

xxx

[This, unfortunately, comes at a time when 8 May will be fifteen years since my one and only elder brother, Samuel, passed away. I now have another celebration of life to add to my yearly reminders. If it doesn't kill you...]

1 Comments:

At Monday, May 08, 2006 8:13:00 am , Blogger Beauty said...

Miss Me, But Let Me Go
Author Unknown

When I come to the end of the road,
and the sun has set for me.
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little—but not too long,
and not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that was once shared.
Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take, and each must go alone.
It’s all a part of the master’s plan, a step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart, go to the friends we know.
Bear your sorrow in good deeds. Miss me, but let me go.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010