ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

ECLIPSE!!...When Darkness Falls


So there we were outside on the compound at work, anticipating the solar eclipse that would engulf the country to make it comprehensively dark. Sporting the special eclipse shades, which many believed not to be that special, most of us wanted to witness the phenomenal experience of seeing outside get dark between 8.30 anad 9.30am in the morning...

As the time of the eclipse grew closer and closer, jubilation was written over ALL our faces. THIS is what living is all about, no? After all, the statistics indicate that few people (around 1/10) ever get to witness an eclipse. So to have witnessed an eclipse a second time (the first being in Belgium in the late nineties--11 August, 1999) is a blessing of epic proportions;-)

To be frank, I was not all that elated, and that surprised me. I was over-joyed, and definitely not underwhelmed. I didn't need this eclipse to remind of the greatness of God, but it has definitely re-inforced my belief that there is a God...

4 Comments:

At Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:44:00 am , Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

that is me in the blue short-sleeved shirt. No, I don't smoke; I was trying to capture a commentary (audio journal) for posterity. It worked!! So, I have all the screams and whatnot captured for my future kids, too:-))

did the earth move for you?;-))

 
At Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:40:00 pm , Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

looking good dude!

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006 7:01:00 pm , Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Great photos!

Before I read the post, I thought I was looking at picture of blind people.

 
At Monday, April 03, 2006 9:37:00 am , Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

PN--many thanks!!;-)) Stevie Wonder, eat your heart out!!;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010