ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Three Degrees of Separation?



I am sure you have heard of the oft-quoted "six degrees of separation", that claims that we are all inter-connected in some way by the figure "6".

Well, cop this.

Yesterday, I got my boss a book for his birthday present. It prompted a viscerally characteristic and hearty laugh from him about the utility of the book. It was one of those esoteric books on spirituality, which he is wont to like and read.

It turns out:
1. another work colleague had suggested him checking out THAT SAME book a few weeks ago from another bookshop;

2. a family friend of his had PROMISED to buy him THAT SAME book late last year...;

So, in what I can only classify as the case of Three Degrees of Separation, there I go buying him THAT SAME book.

Coincidence or something more arcane??

http://ekbensahinghana.blogspot.com/2005/04/77-degrees-of-separation-and-funeral.html

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:51:00 pm , Blogger JeN said...

I think "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" is amusing. I can get there in 5!

 
At Friday, March 24, 2006 7:43:00 am , Blogger soap said...

I don't know much about separation theories (maybe I should read the book!) but... I have to say sth about your illustration. I've been mildly obsessed (mildly, my foot) with crossword puzzles lately. I go to bed and solve them in my sleep, and I wake up to find them, in multiples, in unexpected places -- words interlaced with words, right angles, rigid sets...

 
At Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:19:00 pm , Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

sissoula--now that's what I call SERIOUS mental pabulum;-):crosswords:-))

Jen--yeah, that game where you find out what movie kevin bacon acted in, and it leads you to what other actors also acted in? if not, pls enlighten me...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010