ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Friday, August 01, 2008

The Perfect Introduction?


I'm never sure about beginnings, because I'm not quite sure where to start with them. If that sounds ironic, try this for size: I had a perfect storm of ideas last weekend on how to introduce my significant other to the folks. I've been cogitating no-end like my life depended on it, memorizing, preparing the scripts in my head, from the words to the atmosphere necessary to get them to feel at ease and laugh with us when we make the introduction.

I've got some four months still, and by gum, I will use every instance to visualize, vizualize and vizualise the situation like I had lived it in the last life! It's been too long. Last time I posted something similar was in November of...2006, and Sandy and I have been dating how long now? Honestly...

Not to self-flagellate myself or belabour the point, but I have been a monumental wuss. This month, being exactly 48 months since I came back home, and experienced turbulence with my ex and whatnot, is a perfect time to think clearly and get serious on where I want to go with my life.

I started by clearing my desk and work corner of unnecessary newspapers and stories and articles I have forgotten to read. If they were that important, I would have sought them ought and readf them. Maybe, they are not that important after all!

My weight has also been in free-fall. I've lost 5kilos in one month before. I can do it again. I've already prepared a table of how I see my life segmented: blogging; Sunday World column writing; novel; regional integration surveying as well as my professional work.

Back to being a man on fire!

Enjoy yours.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, August 01, 2008 6:01:00 pm , Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Introducing partner is always tough, esp if parents are maniacs, like mine...

Good luck!

 
At Tuesday, August 05, 2008 7:30:00 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey it's not e-z o. I'm having a problem of choosing the right person for me and someone the family, mom especially, will like. In Africa, marriage is more about family than individual. You gotta face your fears like a man.

All the best.

 
At Wednesday, August 06, 2008 12:29:00 pm , Blogger E K Bensah Jr said...

Daniel--your folks are that bad? Ouch...Thanks for your words!

Lolade--it shouldn't be a problem, really. AFter all, it's YOU,YOU AND YOU who will live with your partner--and not your parents, right? I understand the peculiarity of the African situation, but change has just gotta give!!

Face your fears, too! If you can jog all the way to Tema, doode, you can do it, too!:-))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010