ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Monday, May 08, 2006

It's Goodbye from me...till 25th May!


I saw David Cronenberg's fantastic movie "A History of Vilence" on DVD over the weekend, and I just couldn't stop thinking about Daniel over at his blog.

Read his post for the interesting and insightful points he makes. In essence the bad guy-turned-good doesn't get punished, and has to go back to his bad-day routes in Philadelphia to kill his own brother...who wanted him dead for "costing him" time and money.

It's a graphic movie and the initial storyline of serial killers on the loose nipped the story right in the bud--as well as the characters who got killed by Tom Stalls, who claims to his wife that the name "was available";-)

Go watch it. If you already have, watch it again. Viggo Mortenson is a great actor. His almost schizophrenic outbursts of violence are deeply disturbing. A lot of the time, less is more, and this movie proves it.

On that note, I will be away outside the now-rainy cats-and-dogs-capital for a good week, then will return to work on 25 May, hopefull rejuvenated as I ruminate over the loss of my friend below and how to deal both with that and my late brother Sam's, which is today. It was fifteen years ago today he passed away. At 1.30pm, whilst I was in school preparing for GCSE exams.

A week ago today, my friend passed on, and though I think I might be running the risk of belabouring my grief, I will leave you with this thoughtful post by a new visitor, based in Spain, called nigeria, what's new? who left me with this:




Miss Me, But Let Me Go
Author Unknown

When I come to the end of the road,
and the sun has set for me.
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little—but not too long,
and not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that was once shared.
Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take, and each must go alone.
It’s all a part of the master’s plan, a step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart, go to the friends we know.
Bear your sorrow in good deeds. Miss me, but let me go



till the 25th...

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:09:00 am , Blogger chrome said...

definitely gonna check the movie. some how the title put me off. fickle. nice poem (the second i've read regarding loss/depature). enjoy the break.

 
At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 3:05:00 pm , Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Until then friend!

 
At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:45:00 am , Blogger soap said...

Okay, come on. What happened to you?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010