ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Being Single Again

 

It takes guts to decide to make a break and remain single, but once you do, it can be fun.

 

Apart from being proverbially busy (as it’s getting to the end of the year) I have been continuing to do some serious exercise (pressups, sit-ups and step-up exercises). It feels good that I can look and feel better. Also looking at other women also makes it all worthwhile.

 

Then again, I have decided that I am not particularly in the mood for a relationship. They take TOO much time and effort. And not that I abhor any of those, or I don’t think it is worth it, but I am JUST not in the mood.

 

Working hard at relationships can sap you up no end, and as the year winds down in under two months, I am more interested in enjoying the travails of being single than finding someone else.

 

I am not about to bore anyone here, as you have heard it all before;-) I much appreciate all those who commented—it helped!

 

Suffice to say, I’m chucking out the solipsism and replacing it with a greater interest in where I had been neglecting most—the wider world, including blogging. As well as helping my friends much more than I have been doing lately.

 

I am going to be out of the country in just under two weeks for a UN-sponsored conference, but I will be sure to reflect my eccentric world through here!

 

Daniel, if you’re reading this, coming on down. Mel, jen, Laura, Portuguesa Nova, elsa. You have all made my day. Thanks for taking my mind of Gee.

 

Being single again…almost wells the eyes up, but, hey, what can you do? If it’s meant to burn, it will burn, no?

 

In fact, I’d like to know what any of you would recommend – other than travel! – to beating the boredom, as it were, that can ensue when you are single again.

 

Cheers,

6 Comments:

At Thursday, October 20, 2005 5:41:00 pm , Blogger Elsa said...

awww... that's heartbreaking, I hate reading stuff like that, it all sounds so final.
The hardest thing about breakups is admitting to yourself that it's truly over, things start to look up again once you get past that.

 
At Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:29:00 pm , Blogger soap said...

I envy you the change of scenery. And don't forget, another word for single is free.

 
At Friday, October 21, 2005 5:07:00 pm , Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

elsa--yes, indeed.

sissoula--thankyou for your ever-always intelligent comments. Freedom is great, but not to someone who enjoys being in a relationship:-( But you are SO right.

 
At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 3:32:00 pm , Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Of course I'm reading dude!

May the force be with you and may you remain positive.

 
At Monday, October 31, 2005 12:40:00 pm , Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

Daniel--many thanks for the upliftment.

 
At Saturday, November 05, 2005 6:37:00 pm , Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010