ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Monday, April 02, 2007

Reinvigorated by the Blogging Paradox


Offlate, I have been in a bit of what a former boss called "the Hamlet question":to blog or not to blog.

Joey Madison, sex blogger, who came back to the blogosphere after some four months of absence writes:


"My job has consumed my life; I need to learn how to make it stop"


My case is not exactly like that, because I make time to stop it. What I do not do, however, is always make the time to write something in this blog. I noticed that the very sexy Laura Tooth, who was basking in criticisms and glorious cerebral sex discussions, does not attract as many comments as she was doing in 2005. This says less about the quality of her blog,and more, in my view, about the vicissitudes of life that compel bloggers, in their "capacity as real people" with challenges to balance their life with that of the virtual.

In my view, sex bloggers get it quite easy in the sense that in writing abouit their sexcapades, which elicits interest that is predicated on both voyeurism and salaciousness of visitors to their blogs, they become more motivated to write and reveal about an area which non-sex bloggers dare not go.

Consequently, non-sex bloggers, in their attempt to avoid the salacious, have to be constantly and regularly alert to issues that will need some cogitation, or thinking, for a blog entry.

Maybe I'm giving myself excuses, and truth be told, I think I am;-)

Bottom line, in the final analysis, is that reconciling the virtual with real life is a challenge for any blogger, and lately, with the explosion of blogs out there, if you want to produce quality blogging, it takes a bit more "quality control" that will help you transcend, or overcome, the Hamlet question around blogging;-)

I'm glad to see Joey Madison back!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Sunday, April 08, 2007 4:42:00 pm , Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

When it becomes a drag, stop doing it and return to it when you want but just don't delete it!

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:49:00 pm , Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

Daniel! Definitely food-for-thought!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010