ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Thank You!!....Managing Time; Mobile Browsing (WAP); Ghana at 50 years!



...to all well-wishers. I particularly appreciated Daniel's suggestion of Milk of Magnesia; it certainly stopped the loose stool!;-)) And to those of you whom I don't know, thanks for lurking, but do please pin your name on the BRAVENET map to the right of the screen.

Oh, I'm trying to get my head round the new BETA blogger; I had resisted...up until last week, when I decided to transform all the blogs into beta-mode. Now the cogitation over what posts to put under what labels is pissing me off without end!! It basically means going through ALL the entries and sussing out what adequate labels they need to fit under!!

Ouch...


Apart from a number of "new" things, and re-formulating of old ones like the Basic Instinct series, I bought this book [Simplify Your Time by Marcia Ramsland] from a Christian bookshop last week; it's a fun read, and it would be even more fun if I made more time to read it consistently!;-)

Is the irony lost over you?;-)

Just to end, my humble country of Ghana will be celebrating its Golden Jubilee on 6 March, 2007. The country has set up a website to countdown the days leading to the big day of 6 March, our independence day, which you can find here:-->http://www.ghana50.gov.gh. Ghana will have a number of foreign dignitaries coming in; Kofi Annan, former UN secretary-general arrived in the country last night to much pomp and pageantry.

In short, Ghana, being the FIRST African country to have achieved independence from the British in 1957 (the same year--in fact 19 days later!-- when the European Economic Community was kick-started by way of the Treaty of Rome), is set to blaze the trail in the West African sub-region and the continent this year. A number of things lined up, apart from the 9th Summit of the African Union to be hosted here in Accra, the capital city, in June:


  1. uniform for taxi drivers

  2. re-denomination of the Ghanaian currency, the cedi, into an equivalence to the US dollar

  3. introduction of ID cards into the country

  4. ...and much more!


  5. I have been currently enjoying very cheap and affordable mobile browsing on my phone on my ONETOUCH network, which is Ghana's semi-privatised national mobile/landline operator. There are fantastic wap sites on WAP review.com, which you might want to check out if mobile browsing is all the rage...;-)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:12:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya,
glad to hear you're feeling better. Happy reading, maybe I'll grab a copy because I really need to de-clutter.
I've been mobile browsing via wi-fi for sometime now, it has ways to go but also very handy

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:40:00 pm , Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Glad I could be of use man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010