ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Friday, January 12, 2007

Under the Weather


There I was thinking I was on top of the world for the New Year had started beautifully, when I go and...take some Chinese two days ago. It was one of those special Chinese dishes, with shrimps; slices of beef; and quarter chicken that I have taken many a time without problems.

Now, without wanting to apportion unnecessary blame to what I think might have been Chinese food, I have to add that when I unexpectedly threw up yesterday afternoon, it was a yellowish-orangish colour. Initially, I felt it to be the orange juice I had taken only an hour earlier, but in retrospect, I suspect that given that the Chinese food was that colour, I had found the culprit.

Whatever the case may be--food poisoning or whatnot--I have been seriously inhibited at work, spending almost the whole day yesterday secretly (and not-so-secretly) dosing. Today has been better, but that at least three people at work have asked me whether I'm feeling okay suggests that my face might not look as jolly as it usually does.

Last night I threw up five times. The human body is just incredible. I can see myself in my mind's eye totally powerless to do anything as my stomach just retched...consistently, and I passively complied to its innate order to retch;-)

The smell or sight of milk now makes me want to retch further, but thankfully, a good dose of hot water; cider vinegar and honey ordered for me by my parents last night when I couldn't eat has helped me stem any atavistic tendencies to throw up.

Too much, I'm sure! All simply underscoring the point that I am seriously under the weather:-(

Have a good weekend!

Incidentally, any tips on the best natural remedy for over-retched stomach?;-))
tags
;

5 Comments:

At Monday, January 15, 2007 9:51:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milk of Magnesia.

 
At Tuesday, January 16, 2007 7:57:00 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blah! That's awful.

Feel better soon (please!).

 
At Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:59:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, nice page

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 3:48:00 pm , Blogger Sleeplessjojo said...

I strongly suggest eating plain white rice, or bread. It helps a lot. I hope you're feeling better :)

 
At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:14:00 pm , Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

Daniel--thanks!!

sissoula--thank you for your concern!

fjaderlos tvafoting--cheers!!

sleeplessjojo--thank you very much for your concern!;-)

all of you!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010