ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year



taken 22 Dec, 2005 @ office--all alone in the office, bar two

So I was checking the blog yesterday, and noticed that good blogger friend Daniel is off to New York. In fact, he must be there by now. If you are reading this, Daniel, best of luck, and safe journey back to the U.K.!

I'm not quite sure where this post is going, except that I want to leave something meaningful to my fellow bloggers...

At this time of year, anger rears its head up very easily, so it's something I think we all have to watch out for. I am very saddened by the fact that I told my ex that a. she has an unreasonable attitude; b. she was proud; c. I don't love her anymore--especially at this time of year.

But it was important--for me to move on, and find other pastures, as it were. I do not intend to be anyone's doormat--just because they know I love them.

I am reminded also that it is this period that many people of my generation--my contemporaries--are feeling disillusioned by Christmas. It's not about the religious connotation, but more about what to do during this time. Many are telling me they will be sleeping, or staying in bed, and I am like "what?!". They look at me starngely when I say I will be having dinner with my parents...

I'd like to know what is wrong with having dinner with your parents at Christmas time? or trying to be child-like and enjoying the season?

After all, if you cannot do it in this season, when can you do it?

I think this will definitely be my last post of 2005, and I'd like to also send a shout-out to Steph, of Less is a possibility.com fame--thanks for stopping by!!

Once again, have yourself a seriously Merry Christmas and a stupendous New Year!!

1 Comments:

At Thursday, December 22, 2005 11:43:00 pm , Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Thanks for your good wishes, I am back safe!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010