ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Friday, May 04, 2007

What a Difference a Mayday Makes


Emboldened by what sissoula wrote about:


Turning 30 just kinda happens, but the other stuff won't, unless you make it happen.


I decided to use MayDay to do some serious reflection...mostly on the thriller I'm writing.

Over and above many scribblings, I realised that I need a strategy to write something about the chapters every day. I know Daniel has implored me to "write and write some more" after getting rid of the first re-write. To boot, I think it's important to note that that discipline of writing something is important for my novel, as much as my own reflective thinking on life around me.

With that thought-out, I decided to further create a character that would bring the whole plot, what with its deliberate twists and whatnot, to a thrilling climax. I realised that one of the murderers needed a criminal father who would be an instigator for the plot that has many sub-plots.

I have to confess that I was somewhat influenced by The Departed movie, which I reviewed rather strangely below.

Then again, we're all influenced by something in any creative venture we assume, so I guess I have little to worry about.

Have yourselves a great weekend!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010