ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It's Not Irreplaceable, But the Memories Are!


Right alongside my frustration at having lost my wallet, which I only realised late this afternoon, I have been listening to the very sexy Beyonce Knowles' hit Irreplaceable. I even downloaded the MIDI version today onto my NOKIA 6610 from SAFARI.com's mobile site.

Either way, the wallet is lost, and it is this side of frustrating. But no longer. It took me almost aeons before realising that my bank card was in my wallet! I had to rush to the bank, with a typed-up letter requesting I wanted a cancellation.



Irreplaceable lyrics
Being the very efficient ECOBANK that they are, they called me some thirty minutes ago to confirm they had blocked my card. However, because I did not request a new one, I have to go back tomorrow and fill in a form anew.

Pisses me off no-end.

Small price to pay for my carelessness I suppose.

Either way, I am confident I know what happened to my wallet. No-one stole it actively. However, given that my wallet must have been lying where I walked by since last night up until this morning, where many people have walked past, I can consider it stolen. To boot, the theft is after the fact. Unless by some miracle, it will still be lying there.

What further compounds my mini-grief are the memories associated with that wallet. This is the first time I am losing a wallet, and one with these things:

  • my hospital cards

  • some negligible amount of money

  • a picture of my brother and myself when we were very small

  • my bank card

  • an unreedeemed mobile phone voucher


  • The rest are replaceable, but the memories that are conjured from looking at the picture of my brother and myself are irreplaceable...:-(

    Labels: , , , , ,

    2 Comments:

    At Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:34:00 pm , Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

    A lost wallet is a stab in the arse.

     
    At Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:10:00 pm , Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

    too right, D!;-)

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

      < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010