ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Oh, Emotions!


infatuation
Originally uploaded by ekbensah.
I have a HUGE crush on my work colleague, which would be okay, if it weren't for the fact that she is:

(a)very happily married with three kids
(b) about eight years older than me

Why I alloiw myself to be consumed by emotions so much sometimes is beyond me.

Yesterday, she popped into the office to pick up something (she's been on leave for three weeks and a bit now) and as soon as she saw me, she smiled, and greeted me, as I appeared to be the only one to email her when she was away. Just wanted to find out how she was doing, and she wrote something like she doubts anyone would be misisng her, which I felt was out of place.

I told her that people do miss her, but people are human, and they have issues. But that's normal.

While she was away, I thought of her off and on.

I have to put it on record that I am not necessarily the easiest colleague to work with, in the sense that when it comes to kitchen issues, some of the women in the house might need to whack this yours-truly head with a frying pan;-)

However, this colleague has ALWAYS stood up for me; and I have always done my level best to look out for her with small things that people may not think of -- like transport to assist in picking her kids up from school when she nor her husband can go, or just finding out how she did at her studies.

I know she appreciates it, cos she often tells me. Thankfully, she's not over-the-top.

When I first came, I had a small bit of a crush on her, but I got over it, especially when I realised she is married--with kids. I re-call that initially, I even wanted to ask her out (she looks so much younger than her age).

She's very professional...and very, very attractive--in all manner and forms: tall, confident, sexy.

Wow...

I'll get over it; but for sure, when I called her at lunch time yesterday to find out when she arrived back in the country from her holidays, she said with a huge smile (and I insist: platonically!) that she had missed me.

I know Ihave a crush--and a very huge one at that--cos when I see her these days, my heart just beats that much faster.

Is is the weather, what? Whatever it is, I would like to call it infatuation--and definitely something I will get over. I just have to be careful I don't call my girlfriend, Sandra, by my colleague's name!!

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:07:00 am , Blogger soap said...

... and c) you are involved with a girl named Sandra. Or doesn't that play a prohibitive role?

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:04:00 am , Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

sissoula--you're alive!! good to hear...btw, you're right, but there's no prohibitive role, because SANDRA is with who I want to be. I know my colleague's is just infatuation, and I WILL get over it. It is just cathartic to get it out...;-) my colleague remains a good 'friend', in the sense that we get along very well. My work-life is enriched just that much knowing I have her as a thoughtful colleague. Regrettably, not all the women -- and some of them are around my age, or just a year or two older -- are as thoughtful as she is:-(

 
At Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:36:00 am , Blogger soap said...

I'm alive, but somebody else is doing all the kicking! You're right, it's nice to have close relationships with colleagues. Rarely does merely showing up for work provide its own reward.

P.S. Sandra is my mother's name. :)

 
At Thursday, August 24, 2006 3:07:00 pm , Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

oh sissou!, sorry; how is the baby doing? I love the way you phrased it; very clever!;-))

as for the other Sandara, your Mum, I trust she is over-the-moon in becoming a grandmother?;-))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010