ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Galloway, my Hero!


"when a hero comes along //
with the strength to carry on //
and your cast your fear aside //
and you know you can't survive..."

-- Mariah Carey, Hero




George Galloway, the Respect MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, testifies at the Senate subcommittee for homeland security and governmental affairs in Washington. Photograph: Dennis Cook/AP

British politics can be a bit of a blast.

In fact, for me, it always has been.

Not to mention the hilarity that it engenders…

Hearing on BBC World yesterday the invective flying from George Galloway, MP (RESPECT) for Bethnal Green on Capitol Hill for the Senate Hearing, I just went to bed…bemused and awe-struck.

The guy hit it home.

"I am not, nor have I ever been, an oil trader" he said. But even juicier were the following:

  • “I know that standards have slipped in Washington in recent years, but for a lawyer, you’re remarkably cavalier with any idea of justice”

  • “I’m here today, but last week you already found me guilty. You traduced {now, there’s a good word!} my name around the world without ever having asked me a single question

  • “I gave my heart and soul to stop you committing the disaster that you did commit in invading Iraq”

  • “Senator, in everything I said about Iraq, I turned out to be right and you turned out to be wrong”.


  • I failed GCSE Physics. My teacher was a Scot, with a very heavily-imbued Scottish accent. When she got angry, you could not MESS with the darn woman.

    Galloway is Scottish, and though his accent may not be as strong as what many Scots are teased about, his red-blood face yesterday as he spoke to the Senate gave me the shivers.

    Sometimes less is more, so I’ll just leave you with some mental pabulum to ruminate over: NEVER mess with an angry Scot!

    Especially over a serious issue like Iraq.

    For more reports, go to http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1486431,00.html

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

      < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010