ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

"Think of these three things: whence you came, where you are going, and to whom you must account"--Benjamin Franklin


secret Posted by Hello

Monday, June 26, 2006

Predictably...

 

…Football has been the leitmotiv for the website, and might be till the Brazilians beat Ghana. Then again, if the contrary happens—which Ghanaians in an unexpected chutzpah believe it to be the case, considering how people are fasting today for the occasion tomorrow at 3Pm GMT—1 then it might go onJ

 

Just a quick update for all those non-football pundits:

 

  1. my love life is increasingly upping the ante—my significant other looks sexier by the week, and undoubtedly, there were fireworks of…ahem…all sorts the day after Ghana’s victory over the US. They say many babies are born after such momentous events. The key is protection. ;-)
  2. sissoula of http://lessisapossibility.blogspot.com fame has been on my mind for quite a bit, but I haven’t gone down the site, but I believe she will be a proud mother sooner than Ghana can claim victory of the World Cup. So, kudos!!!!!
  3. I have been thinking a lot lately about being a father, but I am in no way ready yet, and I have nothing in particular to write about the feeling;
  4. we are entering the month of July, that is replete with as many anniversaries as one can remember. July 1936 as the Spanish civil war—does that remind anyone that next month is sixty years when progressives worldwide claimed their name to fame in Spain, with quite a few losing their lives…
  5. one month after the middle of the year---can you imagine 5 months till Christmas??!!!!

 

Whither are we all going???

 

Maybe more on that after the world cup endsJ

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 28, 2006 9:40:00 am , Blogger soap said...

Hi Mr. Bensah. Guess what -- nobody ever feels ready to be a parent. But I'm glad to hear you're in a loving relationship and thinking about such things (including protection, for now).

Well, I find it curious that you would go out of your way to mention me, the blog, and the imminent changes in my circumstances (thank you, thank you), and then in the same breath, admit that you don't even read the blog. That's okay. But since you've said so, let me fill you in. I'm not the one who had or will have a World Cup baby -- Steph did. Yeah, he kept it a secret (he's modest like that) until the little one actually arrived, but arrive she did, in all her tiny but exquisite glory.

(And we've got pics.)

Finally, what you said turns out to be true -- with any luck, the buka will be born much sooner than Ghana wins the Cup, if the next chance of that happening is 2010. Who knows. Maybe you'll have one by then too!

 
At Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:31:00 pm , Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

Hi Sissoula, I am currently experiecinig a curious mix of "egg-on-your-face" blues, and...more egg-on-your-face:-))

Honesty is always the best policy in my book. I admit to not reading your blog as consistently lately, but I have gone to the archives (last week) to catch up on what has been happening to you--and I felt it important to convey that joy I felt (okay, misconstrued) when I saw words "baby", and felt you had written it (donno why).

Coincidentally, I did check your site about two hours ago, and congratulated Steph--who has reminded me VERY much of my work colleague, who announced the birth of his baby boy last year before anyone ever had the chance to pester him about his wife's pregnancy! He isn't called "Cornelius" for nothing!:-)

I truly do widh you luck with the buka. You know, I really need to get in touch with my Greek colleague who worked with me as an intern back in Bruxelles.

Her name is Maria Tikmanidi, who, I re-call, loves Corfu and the islands a lot. I'm slacking---need to fill myself in on what is happening in your beautiful country...

There's an Internet governance meeting being hosted by the Greek government in October (http://www.igfgreece2006.gr/)
and if everything goes ok, I should be able to get there. If not, then I shall confine myself to watching the live feeds that the Greek government has promised to provide.

As for the buka by 2010, who knows!:-) fingers always crossed...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  < ? Blogs By Black Women # > eXTReMe Tracker CONTENT Copyrighted ©E.K.BENSAH II PRODUCTIONS. 1998-2010